Hello Today i am going to share Commander One – The Extraordinary Free File Manager With FTP For Mac OS
The file managers can turn out to be a powerful resource for the Mac users to manage files and folders on their device. The first Mac system launched in the market in the year 1984, Finder was used to manage the files and folders on Mac. And it’s still the default file manager in the Macintosh operating system.
Soon as the technology advanced, a number of file managers came up for the Mac users. ‘Commander One’ is one of the most powerful file manager suites that are ever launched for a Mac device.
It is a flawless dual panel file manager for Mac that combines Amazon S3 browser and the FTP client for a Mac and provides you an inbuilt Mac terminal emulator to manage all the system processes with ease. It comes with both free and premium version. Let us have a deep insight about this software.
An Eye over the Features of Commander One
Commander One is an efficient file manager for Mac that is packed with lots of powerful features and can act as a great alternative to inbuilt file management software tools. Let’s throw some light over its stunning features.
Dual Panel Versatility
You can work on two screens simultaneously using Commander One. Further, its interface lets you open infinite tabs, lets you setup your own hotkeys corresponding to certain action, supports different file types, and offers a number of features.
An Effective File Manager
Finding another efficient file manager like Commander One is an impossible task. The tool of such a caliber hasn’t been developed yet. It works fabulously well to ease out your operations on your Mac system.
- Brief Mode: This mode allows you to view and work with multiple files and folders simultaneously.
- Convenient Item Selection: It lets you select the files easily and work with them without any hassle. You can even see the hidden files by enabling the ‘Show hidden Files’ option.
- Unlimited Tabs: There is no restriction to the number of tabs you open within the software interface in each panel. So, to open the new tabs, you need not close the previous ones.
- History & Favorites: If you access a few folders often, you can set them favorite to make them available for you always. The ‘History’ tracks all your actions for your reference only.
- Easy File Operations: You can copy, delete, edit, or move files at blazing fast speed. It is probably the fastest tool in doing such job.
- File Operations Queue: The file operations that you have started will be queued in the background with a possibility to manage and view them.
Acts like a Connection Manager
You can easily mount various cloud storage and web servers to the Mac device and can also access and manage the network servers and remote storage from a single place. You can work with servers as if you are working with a local storage on your device.
Commander One’s built-in FTP manager lets you connect to the remote servers through SFTP, FTPS, or FTP. Any big or small file operation can be queued on the background easily. It securely stores all the server settings while your passwords are kept safe in the Mac’s keychain.
Moreover, you can add up the gigabytes to your Macintosh HD by integrating it with the cloud services using the Commander One software. In this way, you can store your important files in the cloud services and manage them using Commander One.
Easy File Transfer
Commander One offers you a single place to work with your Android phone, iPad, iPhone, or a camera and this can be done without switching app to app, closing and opening the spaces again and again on your Mac.
You just need to connect the device to your Mac using the USB cable and things can be managed easily using Commander One.
A user can easily maintain the system processes in the inbuilt Mac terminal emulator. Its command line bar on the main window of the app can make the file operations smoother and quicker.
Advanced Search Options with RegEx Support
You never have to worry while searching a file or folder. Commander One advanced search options can even search through the compressed files and folders.
You can make use of the Regular Expressions for performing a more precise search and make the search case sensitive as well.
Make the interface unique and design it in your own style with lots of personalization options available for you. You can change the background color, fonts, and styles as well. There are several pre-defined that can also be set.
Commander One comes for free, but the free version is limited to a few features only. To access all its features and make full use of the software, go with Commander One’s Pro Pack.
It costs you $29.99 for personal license, $99.99 for team license for 5 Macs and $149.99 for company license of 50 Macs.
- A versatile file manager & FTP client for Mac
- It comes with dual-pane window with an option to open unlimited tabs.
- The cloud storages and network servers can be managed from single place.
- A lot of personalization options for the user.
- It is available in 13 international languages.
- No support for single pane window.
- The pro plan is bit expensive.
The Last Words
Commander One is a powerful file manager for the Mac users that can serve as a great alternative to the inbuilt Finder app. It can help you manage your files and folders easily and at the same time can also act as the FTP client to manage your network servers.
Moreover, you can manage different devices and cloud storages from a single place using Commander One software for Mac. Try this now!