Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing for all Indian residents who are enrolling for the same. Just like all other bank Axis Bank too launched facility to link your Aadhaar Number with your bank account. There are many benefits of linking Aadhaar Card with Bank account. Moreover government of India made it mandatory for every bank account holder to link Aadhaar Card with their bank account. For Axis bank account holder, there are 5 method of linking Aadhaar Card. You can link Aadhaar number by online, offline Visiting bank branch, Phone Banking , Offline ATM or SMS banking. You can choose any method Which is easier and simple for you. Some benefits of linking Aadhaar with Axis Bank account are :
- Have a single financial address for government subsidies.
- Receive direct credit of LPG subsidy from Government into your account.
- Receive direct credit of other Govt subsidies like welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. into your account.
As I said above, there are five different method provided by Axis bank for Linking Aadhaar Card. You can link Aadhaar online and also you can link offline by Visiting bank branch or by going to ATM. You can also link through SMS banking or Phone banking. In sms banking process you just need to send one sms with your bank account details and with your 12 digit Aadhaar Number. Which we have discussed below. But if you choose to link through phone banking you will need to call one number and follow the instructions given below.
Link Aadhaar to Axis Bank account through ATM
- Swipe or insert your debit card on ATM machine.
- Here select registration and Enter Your ATM Pin.
- Next click on Link Aadhaar No. and select Account and click on update.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and then again re-enter Aadhaar number and click on confirm.
- After Which your Aadhaar Number will be verified by bank and will be link to your account.
Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank by Internet Banking Online
- First Axis Bank official website Click here.
- Enter your Customer Id and Account number and click on submit to login.
- Here click on the link Aadhaar Seeding for Aadhaar registration with bank account.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and click on submit.
- You will get confirmation sms on your registered mobile number.
Linking Aadhaar to Axis Bank through SMS banking
Linking your Aadhaar Card with your Axis Bank account by SMS banking is the easiest process. All you need to do is Type your Aadhaar Number and bank account number in the following format.
Linking Aadhaar to Axis Bank by Phone Banking
To link Aadhaar with Axis bank you have to call either this number 1-860-419-5555 or this number 1-860-500-5555. This are the two personal Phone Banking number of Axis Bank. After calling any of the Axis bank PBC number you need to authenticate yourself by entering your debit card number or customer ID. After which select option 4 to link Aadhaar number and Enter your Aadhaar Number. Finally select option 1 to confirm your request and your Aadhaar will be link to your bank account.
Link Aadhaar by Visiting Axis Bank Branch
To link Aadhaar number to your bank account by visiting bank branch you need to carry your original Aadhaar card and one Xerox of it. Get one Resident Consent Form , Which will be available in bank. Fill up the form with correct details and submit it to bank. Then the Bank will link your Aadhaar Number with your bank account. After successfully verification and once your Aadhaar Number is Linked to your bank account, you will get confirmation sms on your registered mobile number.
So those were some of the most simple and easy method of linking Aadhaar Number with Axis Bank account. Hope you have successfully link your Aadhaar Number. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment Down below. And also don’t forget to share this article.