UIDAI ( Unique Identification Authority of India ?? ) launched official Aadhaar Mobile Application. The app is name as mAadhaar App. The motive behind the app is to make Aadhaar activities easier and simple. It is an official app developed and launched by UIDAI. The App is currently available for download. So let see more details about mAadhaar App in deep.
Currently Indian government lead by prime minister Narendra Modi made it essential for each and every individual to hold Aadhaar card. Which means life in India without Aadhaar card will be impossible. Aadhaar card is as important as ? bread and butter . Aadhaar number contains all the demographic and personal information of an individual like name , date of birth , fingerprint etc. Aadhaar card is an essential personal identification documents. Note that Aadhaar cannot be used as citizenship verification document.
Lets talk about the newly launched app. From the day Aadhaar card was introduced in India there are many app developer developed Aadhaar app, which are available on Google play store. But those apps are not officially , so there was a risk of privacy and security. And Aadhaar holder were in need to update their personal information on their Aadhaar. So most of them utilizes the official UIDAI website to get Aadhaar related informations. But it was not easy and neither comfortable for normal people. So to make Aadhaar related activity easily and portable UIDAI release mAadhaar App.
About mAadhaar App
mAadhaar Mobile Application is currently available only for Android phone users. And that too have many bugs ( issues/ technical problems ) . As time pass by those bugs will be fixed. Also UIDAI working for on mAadhaar App to launch it for iOS and windows platform. As of report, the app for iOS and windows will be available soon on Apple App store and on Microsoft windows store.
|Require||Android 4.4 +|
|Last Update||17 July 2017|
|Offered by||Unique Identification Authority of India|
|Developer email||[email protected]|
|Developer Address||2nd floor, Tower 1 Jeevan Bharati Building Connaught circus New Delhi – 110001 India|
Feature of mAadhaar App
Below given are the feature that the app have. Not only this but in future more features related to Aadhaar will be added to the app for all platform Android App , iOS App and Windows App.
- Aadhaar Number Holder profile : Now you don’t need to carry the physical Aadhaar number with you or you don’t need to memorize your Aadhaar number. Because this app have every details of your Aadhaar card. So you can easily get your Aadhaar details and use your Aadhaar number anytime and anywhere you need. It makes your personal details and demographic information easily available always with you in a portable manner.
- Biometric locking/unlocking : In this growing technical world our top concerned is the privacy and security. We all should made ourselves secure on internet and must know who to maintain our own privacy. The app gives you the power to lock and unlock your biometric information like 5 fingerprint and other details. So you can lock your Aadhaar biometric details and whenever you need you can unlock it. If you lock it no one can extract details from your Aadhaar number until and unless you unlock it.
- TOTP generation : As I said our main focus is on our privacy and security, so Aadhaar uses OTP ( one time password ) when we do any Aadhaar related activity on official UIDAI website like Aadhaar correction. But this App take Time Base One Time Password , it is secure because it have very short live time. Once the time to live is over that particular password will become invalid. Do you will need to generate another TOTP . In this way your Aadhaar is secure on your mobile and is protected for misuse by hackers.
- Aadhaar Correction : With the help of this app you can easily correct your information on your Aadhaar card. You can update your profile information once you have successfully setup your mAadhaar App on your mobile phone. So you won’t need to visit Aadhaar Enrollment centre for updating details on your Aadhaar number.
- QR Code & eKYC : Whenever required you can Scan QR code and fill up online KYC documents without the need of fill form manually. Just by scanning QR code you can retrieve all the information of Aadhaar number.
How to Setup and Use mAadhaar App
Before you start with the process of setting up Aadhaar app on your mobile phone make sure your Aadhaar number have valid registered mobile number. It is not possible to use this app with registered mobile number. And also make sure the phone on which you have installed the app, have the registered mobile number on it. If everything is ok then you are good to proceed further.
- The first and foremost step is to download mAadhaar App. You can download it from play store also the download link is given above in the table. It is important that you never download any mAadhaar APK file. Because APK file can be tweaked and also may contain harmful malware. Which can expose your details and can also harm your device.
- Now installed and open the app on your mobile phone.
- It will ask you to create a new password/pin for security reasons. Your password must be combination of atleast 1 digit , 1 Capital Alphabet , 1 Small alphabet and 1 Symbol. Example #123JAm. After which proceed to next page.
- In this page you will be required to enter your Aadhaar number. Also instead of entering Aadhaar number you can scan the QR code from your physical Aadhaar card.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number enter the OTP and verify it.
- Finally if you have completed the process successfully, you will be able to see complete details of your Aadhaar card in that app.
Also See : Link Aadhaar with Bank account
Finally you are at the end of this article. Hope it is a helpful guide to you. Do share and spread this mAadhaar App technical guide. Also leave your comments below. For lates information and updates visit trickspaid.com.